Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Girl's guilt over borrowed cash

This is a really nice story - we had to put on the blog...

A Polish girl racked with guilt over borrowing £13 from a man on holiday in Austria travelled hundreds of miles across Europe to try and return it.

Anna Markowicz, 20, from Krakow, borrowed the cash from a Croatian man when she found she was short of her fare for a train taking her back home from the Austrian capital Vienna last year.

She said: "He told me he was from Zagreb and we agreed I would give it back to him in a coffee shop in Krakow the next day. But I turned up late and he was gone - and I did not have his details.

"I've called thousands of phone numbers and written tons of e-mails since then, but I have not been able to find him. I've even put ads in newspapers and on the internet.

"I thought the only way to track him down was to go to Zagreb. But that didn't work either.

"I just want him to know I keep my promises and will give him the money back. I will not rest easily until then."

No comments: